Friday, August 30, 2013

Tomorrow We Party!!

Media Darling

I haven't blogged in quite a while because sometimes it seems like there isn't much to say, but this week has been crazy with activity. On Monday morning, I got a call saying that a reporter from the local TV station wanted to come and interview Haley for a news story. I had about 2 hours' notice, but I was able to race home from work just in time to meet the reporter at our house. She had a big camera with her and proceeded to interview Haley about her life, especially these past two months. Haley did a great job and looked so poised and lovely. I snapped a picture of her talking to the reporter in her new room.
 
And here they are in the living room. Haley was explaining about all the get well cards she had received.

 
 
On Tuesday morning we awoke to see a huge spread about Haley in our newspaper. The reporter had come out last Thursday and interviewed her, Larry and me. She brought a photographer with her and he took tons of photos. We got to explain about Haley's surgery and the fundraiser at Grilled Cheese Mania. It was really a great article.
 
Then on Wednesday we found out that our local AM talk radio station wanted to do a live interview with Haley, me and Kathleen from Grilled Cheese Mania. Originally I told Haley that I would not be able to attend because I had to work. At the last minute, I was able to sneak away long enough to be on the air with her and Kathleen. Here is Haley just before we went on the air.
 
 
 And here she is talking to the DJ, Frank Wilt.


Tomorrow's The Big Day

On my way home from work this evening, I went by the event site and this is what I saw on the telephone pole:

(Great job by Ben and the gang at Mod Displays!!)

Details About Tomorrow


We are so excited about the fundraiser tomorrow.  It will be held from 4-8 pm at the Grilled Cheese Mania food truck. We will have items for raffle, including many gift certificates from local businesses. People have been incredibly generous. It is really quite overwhelming. We will have jewelry vendors, T-shirts designed by Haley and her friend Stephanie, and other wonderful items. Of course, the delicious food that Kathleen and company whip up at GCM will be available for purchase, with the proceeds going to Hope for Haley to help with medical expenses.  I'm also excited about the live music, featuring the band, The Responders, from New York (including my own dear brother Arthur!)  We will also have some other local musicians playing too.

So come on down and join the fun. Please park in one of the adjacent lots (the bank next door has graciously given us permission to use their lot), bring lawn chairs and blankets and plan on having a wonderful day with us. We will even have a little birthday celebration for Haley (don't tell her), as her 21st birthday is today.

As always, thanks for your support, friends. Please continue to pray for sweet Haley. Last night she was up all night with severe nausea, vomiting and pain. It breaks my heart to see her suffer so much. It' s such a great thing that she no longer faints  and that we finally know what is wrong with her, but the reality is also that Ehlers-Danlos is incurable and usually involves a great deal of pain. I plan to do some research to see if we can find an EDS expert somewhere who can help her with the ongoing, chronic pain. Please keep her and us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment